Drainage issues with your septic system can quickly escalate and turn into serious problems. One of the biggest concerns is the health hazards associated with backups of sewage into your home, or uncontained sewage in your yard. These are problems that are not just a minor inconvenience, but a complete emergency.
To avoid serious problems with your septic system, Sam and the rest of our team of experts recommend learning the warning signs that you need drain repair:
- Slow drains, which usually indicate there could be an obstruction, clogged drains, or that the septic tank is not filtering wastewater fast enough
- Wastewater leaking in your home or spots in your yard that are soggy and wet
- Bad smells in your home or yard mean that waste is not being properly removed and disposed of
- A significant increase in your water utilities could indicate a constant leak
- The sound of running water or dripping water are both concerns worth evaluating
- If you live in an old home, you may need to have drains repaired or replaced due to corrosion
By learning to recognize these warning signs, you’ll be much less likely to have serious issues. The real problems are a result of a neglected septic system. We recommend drain repair only when we know that it will keep the rest of your system working optimally. We also know that it will save you a lot of money down the road to get a small drain repair instead of having to replace all your drains, or your septic system, because it has become too overwhelmed.
To find out more, give us a call! We are always more than happy to help.