Clogged drains are one of the most common and most frustrating issues that homeowners have to deal with. It can be very unfortunate to have an issue with the drains in your home. It can be an especially serious problem if you are having sewage backup into your home. There are a variety of different causes for clogged drains, but they usually get that way because of improper usage. There are several types of materials that really shouldn’t be disposed of via the drains in your home.
- Regularly run hot water after each time you use a sink.
- Hire a professional to run a machine referred to as a “snake” through your pipes to find and break up anything that might be hindering the draining process.
- Install small strainers for preventing food and/or hair from contributing to draining problems.
- Have a professional regularly inspect and clean your drains.
- Flush anything down the toilet other than waste and toilet paper.
- Pour oil or grease down your sink.
- Overuse your garbage disposal. It’s really only meant for small food particles, so put the majority of food from your plates in the trash.
At Brandon Septic, Sam and the rest of our team are prepared to help you with your clogged drains. We know it can be a major inconvenience, as well as a health hazard, to have clogged drains, and we are here to make your life easier.