Since so much water needs to be drained from your home each day, it is necessary that you pay attention to how well your drains are working. If there are clogged or broken drains, you’ll need to make sure you have them fixed as soon as possible.
- Don’t use your drain like a garbage can. One of the best ways to avoid drain repair is to be very careful about what you put down your drains. You need to avoid putting items down the drain like floss, food, grease, oil, etc.
- Use waste traps. Another great wait to avoid drain repair is to use small devices in shower drains and in your kitchen drains to strain out hair and food. The less you put down your drains, the better they’ll function.
- Call a professional as soon as you notice slow draining anywhere in your home. The sooner you can have someone check everything out, the less damage will be caused and the less expensive it will be to fix.
- Snake your drains. If you have large trees in your yard, have a professional run a snake through your drains periodically. This machinery can break up and pull out any roots that may have penetrated the pipes.
- Have your drains regularly cleaned by a professional. A lot of commercial cleaning products are not good for your drains, so you should always consult with a professional to make sure what you’re using is helpful and not harmful. The more frequently your drains are cleaned, the less damage is caused because problems can be diagnosed and addressed much earlier.
Don’t hesitate to call Sam or one of our team members to help you avoid drain repair.